Saturday, March 10, 2007

Emma Pollock's Diary, March 8

"New York is freezing my posterior/butt/ass.

I thought Scotland was cold but this is ridiculous. Got here last night only to find American Airlines had lost Jamie and I's guitars and Jamie's personal luggage. Then we stepped outside to get a cab from the airport and got our second shock it was so cold. At least Texas is going through a heatwave just now so we just have to go 5 days before i'll be complaining about melting in the heat.

So we're in New York now, which is lovely, and I've just had my first coffee courtesy of Connecticut Muffin on 1st St in Brooklyn. They do a good cinnamon muffin.

American Airlines (aargh!!) have lost Jamie and I's guitars so we'll just to keep our fingers crossed that they turn up on the next flight from London. I'll find out about that in an hour. So it's off to the local guitar store to buy strings... and maybe a new guitar? And I don't even have any insurance.

Playing Mo Pitkin's tonight. Looking forward to it but the lack of guitars is clearly a problem. Got a lovely preview in the NYC TIme Out. The Union Hall show in Brooklyn on Sat night is almost sold out so that's really lovely too. First foray over the water and all is looking good!"

(from www.emmapollock.com, photo credit: Stuart Reidman)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home